The Nest of Louisa County
The Nest of Louisa County is an incentive based program for income-eligible pregnant women, post-partum mothers up to one-year, and their children up to thirteen months. Participants earn incentive points for healthy behaviors such as keeping doctor appointments and attending parent and preventative educational classes. The points are then redeemed for incentive items ranging from diapers, wipes, bathing supplies, baby clothes, cribs, car seats and educational books.
- Empowers women to make smart healthcare choices.
- Offers incentives for attending prenatal health care visits.
- Offers free prenatal classes to educate women about having a healthy pregnancy and birth experience, along with teaching the basics of infant care and breastfeeding.
- Provides access to experienced health educators and trained nurses for support while being pregnant.
- Assists in getting free baby items.
- Provides information and referrals to community resources.